On Saturday, December 18, dozens of businesses in Belfast, Camden and Rockland will once again host UMC’s annual Day of Giving. Each year at this time, participating shops and restaurants donate a portion of their sales (or make a flat donation of their choice) to UMC. All Day of Giving proceeds are applied toward UMC’s grants. These grants provide vital funding to more than 40 Knox and Waldo County nonprofits serving the basic needs of food, housing, health and security, and economic security.
Day of Giving is a simple way to show your support for the community this Holiday Season and will be widely promoted before, during and after the event.
Here’s how we’ll be promoting this year’s Day of Giving:
· Multi-week paid (thru in-kind donation) advertising in the Courier Gazette, Camden Herald, and Republican Journal
· Multi-week banner ads on Village Soup online
· Pre-event postcards mailed to residents
· Pre-event POP/window posters listing participating businesses
· Pre-event and post-event publicity including press releases, a listing on the UMC website and multiple social media posts
There is no cost to participate. Once you sign up, our volunteers will stop by with an event package that will include a window/door “cling” label, counter POP poster, and additional background information. In return, we only ask that you make a donation to UMC in whatever amount you feel comfortable.
Note: If you haven’t already heard from one of our “Day Of Giving” volunteers, please reach out right away. We’re finalizing our advertising materials this week, and we want to make sure to include you on the list of participating retailers in the weeks ahead. Contact John Viehman, Executive Director, at John@UnitedMidcoastCharities.org or call 207-236-2299.
Please join us in supporting local nonprofit organizations on December 18!