As part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) has designated $240 million in funds for Travel, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation Competitive Grants. Awards will help communities and regions devise and implement sustainable economic recovery strategies through a variety of non-construction and construction projects to respond to damage to the travel, tourism, and outdoor recreation sectors from the coronavirus pandemic and to promote the economic resilience of regions dependent on those industries.
Eligible applicants include a(n):
- District Organization of an EDA-Designated Economic Development District (EDD);
- Indian Tribe or a consortium of Indian Tribes;
- State, county, city, or other political subdivision of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions;
- Institution of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education; or
- Public or private non-profit organization or association acting in cooperation with officials of a political subdivision of a State.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. EDA encourages eligible applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible, and strongly advises eligible applicants to submit complete applications no later than January 31, 2022.
More information is available at https://motpartners.com/additional-resources/tourism-updates/