On Sunday May 21st at 2:00 p.m., 3,000 numbered ducks will be let loose to race over the falls and across the finish line in Camden Harbor. That means it’s time to buy your tickets and a chance to win some fabulous prizes.
Each duck represents a chance to win one of 10 great prizes. Raffle tickets that correspond with the numbered ducks are just $5 each or $20 for five tickets.
For the first lucky ducks to cross, here are a list of this year’s prizes:
· 7 nights Vanderbilt Beach Resort, Naples ($2,200+) plus $1,000 cash for travel!
· Opal Bead Bracelet by Etienne
· 4-Wheel Alignment at Shepard Motors
· 2 Nights Lodging at The Whitehall Inn
· 6-Month Midcoast Rec Center Gift Certificate
· $100 Bleecker & Greer Gift Certificate
· $50 Rankins Hardware Gift Certificate
· 4-Wheel Alignment at Rockport Automotive
· $100 Waterfront Restaurant Gift Certificate
· $25 Zoot Coffee Gift Certificate
Buy West Bay Rotary Duck Derby tickets online until Friday, May 19th at 6pm at www.BuyDuckDerbyTickets.com.
Tickets can also be purchased from any West Bay Rotarian. Don’t know anyone in the club? No problem Every Saturday until race day, West Bay Rotarians will be selling tickets in front of French & Brawn from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. As always, net proceeds support local and international charities.
Children attending the race can take home one of the ducks that swim into Camden Harbor. Once the race is over and the winners are recorded, ducks will be passed out to all the kids.
About West Bay Rotary
West Bay Rotary is celebrating its 38th year of manifesting its mission of “service above self” here in the Midcoast. The club undertakes dozens of community projects as well as fundraising (and “fun-raising”) events, including its annual “Duck Derby,” Chili Challenge, Toboggan Nationals parking, and more. The door for prospective members is always open. The club meets on Thursday mornings from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., currently both in-person and via Zoom. For more information, go to: www.westbayrotaryofmaine.org.